Rajasthan’s prestigious pink city, Jaipur, shrouded in royalty and heritage, ranks high on a globetrotter’s travel bucket list. This diversity and variability percolate into its seasons too. With the different divisions of the year comes a different set of activities, events, and festivals. The climate of Jaipur is semi-arid, experiences extremes weather. The right time to visit Jaipur is:
1.Winter (October – Early March)
Jaipur creates wonderful charm during the months of winter. One can take in the beauty of forts, palaces, and monuments with more clarity and ease. The city’s landscape and architecture look enchanting as the atmosphere is crisp and fresh, accentuated by the air’s chill. This climate is ideal for strolling and touring without the hassles of heat or humidity. As such, this is the best climate to visit Jaipur in for an exceptional holiday.
In winter’s the city’s average temperature remains below 20 °C or 68 °F between December and February, the temperature of Jaipur drops to 4°C or less during the night. It is always advisable to carry woolen clothes during this season.
- This time of the year are invitations for many festivals and celebrations. Of them, the Jaipur Literature Festival is widely acclaimed. On accounts of Makar Sankranti, Jaipur hosts the‘ Kite festival.’
- In this season, Riding an elephant at Amer Fort, cycling around Nahargarh Fort, strolling through medieval streets/bazaars is the best thing to do.
- Jaipur weather in winter is the dense fog cover in early mornings, which often causes road and air traffic disruption.
- Winter is the peak tourist season. travel will be a little more expensive
2.Summer (Mid-March to End-June)
Summer is the perfect time for pool and water actions. Jaipur, being a cultural city, hosts some delightful festivals such as Gangaur. Although summer can be particularly unbearable, there are advantages to visiting the city during this time. Apart from the commercial tourist spots, the best place to stay in Jaipur is Night Bazaar in Chaura Rasta, Albert Hall, Snow World, and the Light & Sound Show.
The Jaipur weather during the summers records scorching heat and dryness. The highest temperature reaches up to 45 °C or more, whereas the average daily temperature is around 30 °C.
- Hot winds and humidity make it uncomfortable to traverse the region during this time highly essential to carry adequate blocks of sunscreens, shades, and water bottles.
- Typical festivals round this season are the Elephant Festival
- cheap visit to visit Jaipur possible, as affordable prices are there for luxury hotels.
3.Monsoon (July – September)
The monsoon climate is far more bearing than that of summer; visiting Jaipur in Monsoon is also preferred because it receives less rainfall but is humid. The temperature differs around 25 to 32 degrees Celsius. August is the rainiest month of the season. It is an ideal time to enjoy gorgeous views sprinkled with buttery drizzles.
- Jaipur By Nite celebrated during this time. It is an event organized by CII to help tourists to Explore Jaipur in the best way. It includes a MARATHON, WOMEN’S CAR RALLY, BITE FEST and a PERFORMANCE NIGHT.
- Carry an umbrella, windcheater, and gumboots.
- In Monsoon, Partake in the colorful and auspicious festival of Teej, during which street stalls sell delicious Ghevar. Visit Jal Mahal, an exquisite water palace, and Chokhi Dhani, a haven for cultural enthusiasts.